Mounting the 6.5 horsepower Harbor Freight engine to the top of the robot produced a lot of vibration and made it extremely difficult to remove the engine.
Driving "Roberto the Robot" on low and or almost dead batteries does not make for a very fun experience. In order to correct this problem, I decided to install an alternator on the top deck plate. Therefore, when the 6.5hp engine was running the batteries would charge and the robot would operate as usual. The alternator I used is a 120 amp Deutz Letrika alternator from Surplus Center.
Here is Roberto's lift kit that is its actually the weed remover.
Welcome to the "Robots" section of HWR Robotics! The robot below is creatively named: Roberto, Roberto the Robot.
He is the prototype robot. If you browse through the pictures or look at the front page slideshow you will see that I have attached a pneumatic system
to him which includes two pistons in both the front and the rear. If I need to prototype anything it ends up getting mounted to Roberto.
He has come in really handy when I want to test out small engines but don't want to make a frame in order to test them.